OBC too Dim

Dave wrote:

 My onboard computer display has suddenly gotten verrrrry dim.
 In the daylight, you can just make out what is on the display; however,
 at night, you can't see a thing.  The functions all seem to be working
 fine,
 but it's almost impossible to see what's displayed.

 Is there any easy fix to this, or am I looking at replacing the whole
 unit?

<SNIP>
 Thanks,
 Dave.

Dave: The bulb that backlights the display for your OBC is burned out.
Replacing it requires pulling out the dash panel and sliding out the bulb
assembly from the side of the OBC. Use the Bentley book instructions on
removing the panel, AND BE CAREFUL! I accidently damaged the wires to my
climate control doing this same job and cost myself big $$!
 Len Johnson
'94 325i
'85 325e (RIP)