re:Route tip --errata

Well, my first post to this list had at least two mistakes.

(i) minor: on tire comparison I think I said Bridgestone 8080E -- shuda'
been Dunlop.  Anyway, I couldn't tell much difference between 8080E's on
the M3 and Mich. on Z3 -- Z3 is a little more confidence inspiring in high
speed corners but I suspect this is  a combination of lack of power in Z3,
my driving ability (have not fully adjusted to the technological advances
in suspension and tires over the last 25 years), and some kind of an
illusion re handling that comes from sitting over the rear axle in the Z3
- -- having all that hood (bonnet) out in front of you really changes the
feel.  Plus the Z3's lack of power gives you the feeling that there's
nothing you could do to make the rear end come around. No suggestions,
please!  However, I do enjoy the various posts on tires, in my case, not
for racing, but just driving enjoyment and security (I bought a cheap set
of tires ONCE!).  So, while I don't want to skimp on quality, I do realize
that quality and price are not always directly correlated, thus I do value
others experiences.  Personally, I've been very happy with the Michelin
Pilots re handling v. wear.  Don't have enough miles on the Dunlops to
judge yet.

(ii) major: I identified a good route through the "heartland", part. so.
MO -- Ozarks.  Not US 164, but US 160!  ("The first thing to go ..." -- I
cud'a said "I only had time to read the first two digits")

Stu Burness

"You can lead a gift horse to water, but you can't make it
look you in the mouth"

'97 Z3 1.8
'98 M3/4
'90 GMC 3/4 t. XCAB
'94 KTM LC400
'89 KTM 350
'87 Hayburner
'98 (October) female GS (latest addition), can go up to 25 min. in GMC
	w/o ralphing