Re: what car is this?

<Jason Bishop wrote:>
<Subject: what car is this?
<
<I missed the monterey historics and have been hoping ever since that
<someday I would figure out what the red car is on the cover of the
<november '96 roundel.  To this day, I haven't figured it out.
<
<what is it?
<
<Here is a picture of the cover of the roundel:
<http://www.bmwcca.org/roundel6/1196cov.htm

It's a Ford GT40.  also known as "The Ford that knocked Ferrari's d*ck in
the dirt!"
They we're a racecar Ford built in the mid to late 60's and finally beat
Ferrari  at LeMans, ending their big long winning streak (i think the
streak began when Mercedes got out of racing in the 50s, but I'm not sure)
I believe it had a Shelby built motor in it to boot!

Mike Biles
'76 '02