re: E30 Engine Upgrade E30 Engine Upgrade, disconnecting AC

>but that's another story). I was actually getting ready to yank the motor
>when I realized I would probably have to disconnect the air conditioning
>system. Where I live (British Columbia, Canada) we cannot refill a freon

Just remove the compressor from the engine before pulling it, and then
install it on your new engine after you install it. This is what I did
when I put an '87 325i engine into an '85 325e.   The AC still worked
after the conversion.

J.
'89 325i w/ 15x7 Borbets & Jim C. Chip :-)
'84 325e 5spd
'74 2002
'72 2002 (future 325i engine recipient!)
'67 Pontiac Firebird 400 Conv (4spd)
'87 F-150 (Parts hauler and tow vehicle)

http://www.microserve.net/~jsnyder