Re: <ALL> Power window switches

Insert a resistor inline (in series) with the +12V supply to limit the current to
approximately 20 milliamps (R = E/I = 12V/20mA = 600 ohms).  Build
a test circuit first to make sure it works (a few LEDs already have a limiting
resistor built in).

Norm

Kwok Seto wrote:

> To all digesters,
>
> Could anyone who knows electronics fairly well tell
> me if it is possible to convert a 12v incandescent bulb
> power source to "light up" a LED instead.  The reason I'm
> asking is because I have a older style power window
> switch (1993 318is) that uses a incandescent bulb
> rather than a LED.  Any help on this topic is much
> appreciated...
>
> thanks
> Kwok

- --
***  Remove "nospam-" from address when responding via email  ***

End of bmw-digest V9 #927