<misc>Buying used cars

>ALWAYS get an independent opinion when buying any used car
>and if you want a used M3 you should have kept looking for BMW Certified
>Pre-owned M3, or bought one from a digester or club member who is known to
>take proper care of their cars.
>
>Michael Greto
I completely agree here.  I was looking for a used (non-BMW) a little while
back.  The dealer I was with gave me the same "We have our own mechanics and
it goes through our 20 point inspection so it's an excellent car" garbage.
They kept trying to talk me out of taking it to an independant mechanic,
which of course made me suspicious.  I took it to a place I have dealt with
quite a bit, and sure enough, compression in cylinder 2 was considerably
lower than all the others (175, 130, 170, 170).  The inspection cost me $80
but it probably saved me a lot in the long run.

- --David