<cabriolets>Replacing Tensioner Straps on 325iC

I have a 1990 325iC. My top has ceased to fold properly - it is in very good
shape - but I found that the "tensioner straps" have lost their elasticity.
Has anybody replaced these. Is it a DIYA job? Dealer wants $169 - 15% for each
strap. Bavarian has them advertised for $80, but none in stock and may take
some time to get ordered. Right now the only way to fold the top properly is
to carefully tuck each fold in by hand or you'll do real damage if you force
it. Any ideas of where to get parts and do the job. I was thinking of selling
the car in the near future and need to get the top tricked out.
Thanks
Bart
1993 325iA
1990 325iCA