Re: E30 cosmetics

I know about euro models - US may be slightly different.

With the "facelift" (for the '88 model year) came:
*Ellipsoid low beams
*new bumpers (fibreglass/plastic covers)
*new front fog lights -changed from rectangle to a curvy design with angled
end, and air scoops for brakes
*rear valance "deeper" - comes down further, less uf the underside of the
car can be seen from behind. Has cutout for exhuast - earlier cars had no
cutout.
*rear tail lights have horizontal reverse lights instead of vertical
*new colour range - inside and out

Ummm... thats all I can think of right now... hope this helps.

Allan Williams
90 325i SE\ 4M

>Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 11:40:03 +1100
>From: Paul de Rome <pderome@domain.elided>
>Subject: E30 cosmetics
>
>Can anyone tell me the visual clues of the various E30 models from 84 thru
90/91?
>Things like bumpers, tail lights, spoilers etc often indicate the year.
I've just bought an '88 325i and people tell me it doesn't have the 88 style
body.