RE: Tire life expectancy?

>Can any of you digesters out there who run on Michelin Pilots or the
>Dunlop equivalents (8000s?) comment on what kind of mileage you're
>getting out of these tires under normal driving conditions (ie- not
>including track/schools)? I'm particularly interested in comments from
>E36 M3 owners. I want to know how often I'll be eating a bill for
>hundreds of dollars in new rubber. Will the tires wear evenly if I
>can't rotate them? (M3, wider rears)

>     Thanks,
>     Devin
>     '99 M3 coupe - Jan build
>     BMWCCA - CT Valley Chap.

I own an M roadster, the OE tires on the M roadster and coupe are Dunlop
8080Es (different than the 8000s).  I had warranty concerns will ALL 4
tires, so I can comment on tire expectancy, BUT I ahve a freind who has
about 15K miles on his M roadster and the rears are shot, the fronts are
ok.  I have never heard a Z3 owner who has had even wear (even ones that
rotate).

hope this helps,
Bruce
98 M roadster with Bridgetone PPs