Tire life expectancy?

     Can any of you digesters out there who run on Michelin Pilots or the
     Dunlop equivalents (8000s?) comment on what kind of mileage you're
     getting out of these tires under normal driving conditions (ie- not
     including track/schools)? I'm particularly interested in comments from
     E36 M3 owners. I want to know how often I'll be eating a bill for
     hundreds of dollars in new rubber. Will the tires wear evenly if I
     can't rotate them? (M3, wider rears)

     Thanks,
     Devin
     '99 M3 coupe - Jan build