S/N Ratio: New Low?

I realize that I'm contributing to the noise, but when the contents of a
digest read:

[paste]
Contents:

        Re: "I WANT A NO-MARK BMW DIGEST"
        No Marks
        Out!  Out! Damn Marks!!!
        RE: The 'NO MARK' Digest
        DUMP THE MARKS
        I WANT A NO-MARK BMW DIGEST
        Re: No Marks
        I WANT A NO-MARK BMW DIGEST
        children...
        No, lets's keep the Marks
        I WANT A NO-MARK DIGEST
        I WANT A NO-MARK BMW DIGEST
        Re: No Mark Digest!
        I want a no Mark (Kibort & Nernberg) World
        Tire life expectancy?
        Re: new CA emissions laws
        Re: bonging when temp drops - not what you think
        <38 Degree bong?
        Re:In regards to V8 engines
        Re: The 'NO MARK' Digest
        "I WANT A NO-MARK BMW DIGEST" #2
        "I WANT A NO-MARK BMW DIGEST"
        <WOB> Driving related joke
        <misc> thanks, need help, and NO MARKs!
        I need some part numbers! (Lights)
        I WANT A NO MARK DIGEST
        RE:  <WTB> 7 Series
        I want a no-Mark digest
        Electric supercharger
        <FS> 92' 3.8L M5
[cut]

Something's wrong here.  I used to archive many useful bits of
information from these Digests.  Now, I find nothing but this crap.  I
feel sorry for the people who have posted useful information and/or
requests for information in the above Digest, because they'll almost
certainly be overlooked.

With 3000+ members on this list, and probably 1% (30) using it for
flaming, the list has degenerated into useless drivel.  As a long-term
member of this list, I feel really bad for having introduced several
friends/BMW owners to this list.  I told them that the Digest was a
great forum to see and experience how helpful and cooperative BMW owners
can be.

Can we get back to the business of sharing information about our cars?

- -rb