How to clean glue off of plastic rear window?

I have a 90 325iC with a plastic back window.  The window is in great
shape except for two spots where it has a sort of glue residue on it.
It looks like a previous owner made have had a sticker attached to the
inside of the window. This glue must have been there for quite a while
since it is very hard now.  Anyway, I am having trouble removing this
glue?  So far I have tried soaking the spots with warm, soapy water and
then gently trying to remove it with a razor blade.  This did not work
well.  It seems it will do more scratching to the window than removing
of glue.  I'd like to use a turpentine or a thinner be I am uncertain as
to whether or not this will harm the plastic itself.  Has anyone ever
had a similar problem and found a successful solution?

Thanks,

Mark Colasante
#163942