Re: "Helen" **Rob

"Mark Nernberg" <mjn@domain.elided> wrote:

>Subject: re: "Helen"
>
>Look friends, just because Rob Levinson is a "Bubba", doesn't mean that =
>he's better than you are.  The facts are that the value of his car is =
>the value of his car.

    Wow Mark, you really should refill your prescription, the chemical
unbalance is showing.  I'm asking fair value for that car and you know it -
I've been offered *more* for it, cash in hand, at times when I didn't want
to sell it.

>"Helen" is a fifteen year old E28 535is that's been turbocharged and =
>modified in many ways.  While we would *all* like to delude ourselves =
>and try to convince ourselves that this would improve the value of our =
>cars, believe me, it doesn't.  [I'd love to be able (someday) to get =
>back all the money I've put into my M3 -- but I know I won't; I'm an =
>enthusiast having a good time, and the loss in value over what I've =
>spent it the price I've got to be willing to pay.]

        You're right - modified in many professional ways at great expense,
cared for fanatically, and upgraded continuously.  I never expected to get
those expenses back... that's why what I'm asking is significantly below the
cost of building a car just like it.

>The further facts: "Helen" *has* been driven hard.  (What other car do =
>you think Rob takes to auto-x and driver's schools?  We know he enjoys =
>them -- and there's nothing wrong [in fact plenty right] with that -- =
>but this sort of activity *is* hard on the car.

    You prove once again that you don't know a damn thing.  That car has
_never_ seen a driver's school and only one auto-x ever.  It's been a garage
queen more than anything else.  Anybody who has ever seen me at a driver's
school or auto-x can attest to the fact that I've only driven Ben's M3,
Pat's M5, or my Celica.  But you wouldn't know that - the only track you've
ever seen is on Sony Playstation.

>What it looks like to me is that Rob wants to find the right sucker who =
>feels that because Rob is a "bubba" that Rob will tell him things right.

    There are no "suckers" involved.  The fact that I may be a "Bubba"
doesn't mean anything at all except that many people have met me and know
the car.

>Why would you pay $14,000 for Helen when Rob already says he's willing =
>to take less?  (He *has* told at least two crygest members that he'll =
>take quite a bit less!)

    Oh really?  Who?  All that I said to anyone was that the price is
negotiable (and that was before I reduced the price) as there are things to
consider - if they want the spare wheels, etc.  This would really be a good
time for you to stop making things up, Mark - especially when it's not your
little dream-world but someone else's legitimate dealings.

> Why would you pay $14K for Helen when you can =
>buy a 1988 M5 (all stock and less miles/age/wear) for $11K - $13K and =
>LESS if you're willing to work at it?

    Show me a decent, clean E28 M5 for $11K, I dare you!  That will get you
a real rat that needs thousands of dollars of work and will still look
terrible.  With Helen, the purchaser gets a car that's much faster than an
M5, has a known history, and needs *nothing*.

>Whatever you do: DON'T LET BUBBA ROB SCREW YOU IN THE ASS!

    Stop broadcasting your little fantasies, Mark.

>BTW: Do you want to buy a car from a guy who is so devoid of a personal =
>life that he has to name his car "Helen" like his girlfriend or =
>something?  I don't mean to assail Rob's sexual orientation, but don't =
>you think its wierd that he's got to have a car instead of a girlfriend? =
> Maybe all the extra money he wants is for the special "bubba-stains" on =
>the seats.

    LOL!!!  You crack me up!  Mark, you have some serious issues to deal
with.  It's alright for you to seek professional help, we live in a time
when psychological trauma and derangement can be handled in modern ways with
no shame or embarassment.  I don't think it's too late for you, someday you
may actually be a delusion-free person who can exist in the real world.
Perhaps I should come visit you in Ocean City and talk with you about it,
huh?

- - Rob Levinson
See Helen's specs: www.bubbaclub.com/4sale.htm
(interior pics should be posted by 11pm)