Crazy Stereo Question/Problem

Hello:

Is anyone ready for a possibly tough stereo wiring question???

I have recently completed an install of new speakers and a six channel
amp.  I utilized the stock head unit and cd changer by having line level
outputs wired into the stock head unit.   Here's the question:

I used the white wire from the stock amp for a remote turn on for the
new amp mounted in the trunk.  All worked well until I decided to change
the ugly wire I used to tap this 12v turn on source for a matching
wire.(ran out the nite of install)  When I went to turn on the stereo I
got nothing.  Put a simple test light to the wire to check for voltage
and got nothing.  However what I did get was that everytime I would test
for voltage on this white wire, the radio reception would blank out.
When I would turn the radio off and then on the reception would come
back.

I have checked all the fuses I can find (behind radio/cd changer/fuse
box) and was not able to find any blown.

Can anyone solve this ghost problem???   Where did my power go from this
remote turn on wire which may have brushed against something when being
changed???

Thanks in advance for any and all help

Matt Dull (goin crazy)