535 turbo cost/conversions

Mark be wrong!

 A properly sorted out  535turbo is well worth 14K. Robs car makes last time I
checked his web site 289hp AT THE REAR WHEELS!...which equals around 360+hp at
the crank...in an E28 this makes for one fast sled!  Fast as in dust or hang
whith just about anything... 0-60 should be wround 5.0-5.2 sec, 1/4 mile
around 13.5, top end gear limited 160+. Probably best bang per buck if you are
looking for a fast car.

 Since I have a 87 535is turbo which has a much more complicated turbo setup
on it...intercooler where battery was, throttle body on the opposite side of
the manifold, etc... I can say from experience you DO NOT want  to try this
modification on your own unless you have access to a full shop, a machine
shop, and a good welder.  Since there is a lot of unstock things you have to
do.

Not to mention all the extra do da's that are on Helen..Go price the stuff it
adds up fast..

GGray
87 535is turbo ( soon to be running 14-16PSI boost) 8psi now
88 M3 club racer
91 M3 ( crisp...restoring)

End of bmw-digest V9 #900