E30 Convertible. Lowering. Good idea?

I'm going to have to redo various suspension components on my 1989 325 iC.

The convertibles, as per Bentley manual, seem to have a higher top-of-wheel=
- -arch height that the sedans.  Does anyone know the reason for this.  =
Lower clearance below on account of stiffening members?

Has anyone lowered a 325 iC?  Does this make the cowl shake, etc., =
intolerable?  Is it even a good idea.  I would like the lowered look on at =
least one of my cars and don't want to touch the 325 iS, but if this is =
not a good idea I will not do it.  I'm going to redo most of the bushings =
so I can change to some others ones there as well.

Names of kits that can do this would be welcome.  To me it seems that the =
Eibach and Bilstein combination is the preferred one.

Thanks in advance.

Neil Deshpande
1988 325 is
1989 325 iC