<e28> Smooth as glass

Well when I last reported my misfortunes, on the replacement
of my control arm bushings for my '88 535is I had drop a few
dollars on tools, unexpected parts and mounting frustration
on getting the 7 series bushings to the proper dimensions.
The good news is the machine shop that I had left the
bushing with finished the job early and I reinstalled the
the new parts on Saturday. What a difference the 7 bushings
make. Without them I would hesitate at pushing the car to an
elevated speed knowing I would have to come back though the
dreaded 55 shimmy. But after cleaning the car today and
rechecking my bolting on the replaced parts I took it out
onto SH 290 and boy does it fly. After gaining some
confidence, hearing no noises, and feeling no vibrations I
kicked hard. Now I remembered why I bought this car, the
pure joy of driving. A Z3 "followed" me for a number of
miles and we kicked some @#%. If you are out there Mr. Brown
Z3 thanks for the fun. And, thanks all of those on the
Digest who helped me in my quest for a smooth as glass ride.

Mike B.