re: Rob's 535 turbo for sale

>The information available to me indicates that the real value is closer
>to $8K.  Don't let him stick it in your ass, guys.  You can buy a decent

>1985 535 for $2500 and do most of the mods yourself for less.

>Mark J. Nernberg

Although the 535i is a reasonable buy I would image that a $2500 car
would need some *serious* work.  I paid an appropriate $5k for my 535i
back in 1995 and over time have had to do a good bit of work to put it in
a condition for driving schools and x-cross.  You can find a *STOCK* 535i
with TRX wheels for $6k and under but conditions vary according to the
maintenance levels performed.  There are some ratty 5's for sale out
there (goofy owners).

Mark, why are you whacking on a car as well known as Helen?  She's
turbocharged (blows real hard), has the fabulous Euro bumper treatment,
Euro headlights, BIG brakes, short shifter and more.  Definately NOT
stock.  Your just being mean to Rob.  Why?  He helps people here.  I
think you just like boasting about your past (unwitnessed of course).
Oh, I'm not getting a sales commission so forget the flames.

Curt Kiser
85' 535i - apparently paid twice the price in Nernberg dollars!