<e36> OBC Low coolant level

Hi,
   I drove my '95 M3 for 15 minutes today and after turning the
ignition off the OBC displayed a "low coolant level" message.
I checked the level immediately and it was about 3/4" below the
cold level mark. The dashboard temp gauge read normal.
I topped it, then started the car up again and stopped with no message.
The coolant is about 1-1/2 yrs old.

Is this a sign of a bad sensor ? Or could it be an early indication
that the water pump is on it's last leg. I've been refraining from
driving too far expecting the water pump to go out anytime now since
I have the plastic impeller and 56K miles.

Thanks,
Steve
- --
                                                       ~~~