Check Engine Question

Hey,

I tried to to the "stomp" test to find out the fault codes stored in my
computer this afternoon.  I did the 5 stomp's to the floor just like my
Bentley's said and nothing.  I have done the test before on a couple 3 series
and it worked, but I cannot get it to work on my '90 525i.  Can anyone make
some suggestions on how to reveal the codes or what faulty part(s) might cause
this.  I think the chances of operator error,at least in this case :o) :o) are
very slim.  Thanks in advance.

Rory
'90 525i

End of bmw-digest V9 #891