ABS Question and Self-levelling Shocks

Hi all

When the weather is cold ( 0 deg.C ), my ABS light comes on after
starting the motor and only goes off after a mile or so. When the
temperature goes down to say, -10 deg.C, the warning light stays on and
the ABS system quits working !  What could be the problem ( no problem
in warmer weather though ) ?

Also please explain briefly how the self-levelling system work. I am
starting to get this UPLIFTING and SINKING feeling at stop-lights

TIA ( please reply in private if these were asked before )

Henry

BMWCC, BMW CCA

P.S. Saw a BMW 507 listed in the Barrett-Jackson Auction for to-day.
Any idea how much it went for ??