E28 M5 wanab

Richard asks, with respect to the differences between E28 535s and M5s:

"Does anyone know what else they did to improve the handling and chassis
dynamics?"

While not answering his question directly, I have modified my 535i a fair
amount, in a manner similar to Richard's suggestions.  I agree with his
approach, although I will say that the RD springs (not RD Sport :-o  ) I
have had on my car for 2.5 years are sag-free to-date.

I, too, feel that 225/50-16s in front is the way to go.  I have had the
200mm TRXs, 205mm BFG Zs, and 225mm Dunlops and I like the feel of the 225s
the most, especially when tracking the car or hitting an off/on-ramp at
speed.

One other modification worth mentioning is the offset front strut bushings.
These are stock BMW and can provide additional negative camber of .5
degrees.  Somewhat pricier than standard, but if adding new suspension
components, probably worth it.  I haven't noticed an inordinate increase in
front tire wear, either.

Regards,

Reed
Seattle