Re: Creaking Door

Josh Murry writes:

> I have a '90 325is and recently my passenger door started creaking with
> frame flex such as when I'm going over uneven road, not opening or closing.
> Anyone had this experience?  Is there an easy fix such as an adjustment or
> some new plastic piece?  Any info. is appreciated.

Josh

This is often a result of slight movement in the latch mechanism,
including the stop blocks. lubrication tends to dry out in cold weather
and needs to be replaced.

Put some white grease, or teflon lubricant, on the latch mechanism,
including any rubber like contact points.

It might also be the rubber door seals - so you might treat these with a
rubber conditioner as well.

Cheers

Jim Cash
London, Ontario, Canada