New '89 535i owner!

Hey there, folks. I've been lurking for a few days, and today bought my
first BMW (I'm a Porsche guy). It's an '89 535i, 75K miles, great
condition. It's for my wife, but perhaps she'll let me drive it
occasionally.

I've read most of the information I've been able to find online, but I do
have a couple of questions:

1) Is joining the US BMW club worthwhile? The Porsche Club of America and
the Pacific Northwest Region of PCA have been great resources. Is the BMW
club comparable?

2) The car has a minor annoyance that I'd like to fix: the passenger side
windshield wiper is traveling too far down, and at the bottom of its path
the backside of the arm is smacking into the lip of the hood. Is there a
way to adjust this travel? (I haven't had a chance to look at it closely,
so don't smack me too hard if it's obvious!)

Thanks, and I look forward to becoming an active list member.

Steve Poole / Seattle, WA / <http://www.nwlink.com/~stevep>