Re: <all> removing the clip from electrical connectors??

Steve wrote:

> Many of the under-hood electrical connectors (fuel injectors, for
> example) have little steel safety clips to ensure positive engagement
> in this high-vibration environment.  In my limited experience these
> things are a real PITA to remove.  Is there some clever trick I've
> not yet discovered?
>
> Steve

Um Steve?  I'm not sure how to tell you this but I'll just plough right in.
That clip doesn't need to be removed.  If you pushed _in_ on it instead of
trying to pull it out it would release the connector.  Clever Germans.
- --
Pat Donahue CCA 125031
Vienna, VA
'91 M5 4GTFUL <- For sale: http://www.bubbaclub.com/pat/m5sale.html
'88 325is destined for ITS <- 'cause of this one