Re: EXTENDED WARRANTY(97'm3)/ help/need feedback

You can talk statistics, but I believe what you really need to look at is
your ability to absorb the cost of a major failure.  I'm sure there are
those out there that will never see the cost recovered, but there are also
those who have used it and glad they had it.

I work with a 530i owner who recouped the cost of his extended warranty
when his a/c went out.  Everything now on is on them.

I called Dinan and asked their service department about extended
warranties.  The response was, these are expensive cars to work on and the
warranty can pay for it self.

With this info and responses from others on the list, I purchased one for
my 540iA.  It is transferable as well.

John Fagerlund
'95 540iA, BMWeee (covered until 2003 and 107kmi)