<E30> cold air to K&N

While Milos Klacko makes a really trick carbon fiber heat/turbulence
shield for your K&N-ed E30, I made my own for about $8.

Here's what you'll need:
   1) a roll of aluminum flashing (for roofs)
   2) some paper
   3) tin snips

Make a pattern with your paper & test-fit it to make sure it covers
the parts you want it to cover.  Then cut out the aluminum based on
your pattern.  Bend it to fit (it may take a while to get it to fit
perfectly).  I drilled two holes in the leading edge of my
heat/turbulence shield and fastened them behind the plastic cover
behind the headlights.

While I haven't done any before/after measurements, it does look
really nifty (and provides a great place for that K&N sticker that
came with your filter!).

    KC Boyce
    '85 325e
    E30 Eta Page: http://rikki.cc.colorado.edu/~k_boyce/