Racism on the Digest, et al, ad nausem

Ya know.....I'm reading this ridiculous racism banter and am fit to be tied
at how ya'll can't simply chill out over this issue. Everyone here knows
racism is bad. Yet all the parties involved are in this macho-pissing match
in an attempt to improve their position. Let it go, gang.

The SINGLE BIGGEST PROBLEM on this Digest is that far too many seize on one
particular post or fraction thereof and then beat that horse to death.
Ya'll are not going to solve the world's racism problem here any more than
we are going to solve the ERAM issue or whom to vote for for CCA Treasurer.
So let it go.....let a LOT of the posts go.  Stress is a bad thing...will
kill you eventually.   A number of you are the equivilant of 'sound-bite'
vigilantes.  You SEIZE upon a single word or phrase in a multi-paragraph
post and then flame away to 'right the wrong' and will press that point
until the cows come home.  And you wonder why some are hesitant to put out a
post?

For example,  I can make a post that says in one part of it:  "The sky is
definitely blue".  I can be virtually guaranteed to have in my mailbox
within the next 24 hours the following:

(2) people private e-mail me to call me an asshole for saying that, no
explanation but I'm just an asshole.
(4) with degrees in physics to explain something about light refraction and
that I'm not really seeing blue,
(1) person to tell me I shouldn't say that because it maligns people who are
color blind,
 (3) who will praise me for making a revelation previously unknown to man
(or at least to them).
(2) folks that say never use "definitely" unless you can prove it.
(1) to ask if the color of the sky is BMW Roundel blue?

Sheeeshhhh....Hey...know what?  The sky IS blue.  So let it go.

Now, lets turn all that bitterness into something good. I've answered
hundreds of posts to the best of my ability for several years here and set
up PizzaFests I & II, RM3DR1 stickers, buy-in deals on rollbars, belts,
tools, etc., written articles for the Roundel, done volunteer work for the
National Capital Chapter and never asked  for anything from any Club Member
in return.

 Now I'm asking.  Just this once.

  I'd like everyone here to take a minute and go to www.bubbaclub.com and
click on the Bubba-kids link.  Read the notes and comments.  Send a message
to Alex and Kori.  Send a donation of money or some inexpensive toys if you
can.  If you can't afford five dollars to send, then send a card.    Bubbas
are donating  $ 538.48 to this fund for these children.....all that's left
of the Bubba fund. You don't like the Bubbas?  I can live with that-still -
send the kids a note.  This is a tragedy that is happening right now.  Turn
some of that anger into something that will benefit some children that could
use some support right now.  Know what?  They will appreciate it and you'll
feel better.  Hate into Compassion.  Arguement into Solidarity.  Try
it.....will make ya'll feel better as a human bean.

Duane Collie
(Gawd..how many flames am I gonna get of of THIS post?)