roundel valve caps

Duane said:

> Don't buy these unless you are prepared to routinely lube the valve stem
> threads with anti-seize.  While they look trick, they WILL seize on the
> valve stems over time and if they do you'll need a pair of vice grips to get
> them off.   I believe they are made of aluminum or some alloy.   Not very
> handy for checking the air in the tires when you can't get them off

I got a set of these for xmas. They are called "Wheel Accents Logo Valve
Stem Caps" and come in a round plastic case that looks kind of sort of
like
a five inch diameter wheel. They have the roundel on the end in a
recessed
area, and are six sided like a nut. On the back of the case it says they
are "precision designed from ABS composite materials and manufactured
to OEM standards" (whatever THAT is). They come in four finishes:
chrome,
black graphite, gray, and carbon fiber (woo-hoo!). They are made by
"Universal Brass Incorporated", and there's a highlighted statement that
"ABS COMPOSITE WILL NEVER SEIZE". I don't know where they came from.

- - Greg
- --
Greg Cagle - gregc@domain.elided
'94 325is, sharked, BL/SS, PIAA superwhites, whizzy valve caps
Newsletter editor, Portland OR ACA