Re: 17" Tires on 325i

Skoobahead@domain.elided wrote:

> I know this question has been asked before but I forgot the answer.
> I have purchsed (4) 17x7.5 alloy wheels for my 1994 325i. I was
> planning on going with 225/45/17 Tires. The Tire rack says these might
> be a problem in the rear and may require a camber adjustment. He said
> 215 would be safe. For those of you that have upgraded to 17" tires,
> will the 225's pose a problem? I thought I remembered some members
> using 235"s on all 4 corners with no rubbing anywhere.
>
> Thanks,
> John

Depends on the offset.  With a 40mm offset, both the 225's and the 235's
should fit fine inside the fenders.  If you use a 35mm offset, the 225's
may just barely fit and the 235's will rub a little against the rear
fenders unless you roll them a little or run a little more neg. camber
as the Tire Rack said.  Also keep an eye on the front plastic fender
liners.  On full lock, the clearance can be very tight on the rear of
the inside wheel and you may need the steering limiter kit.
HTH

Luis Marques
'97 328i

End of bmw-digest V9 #872