Speaking about speeding tickets....<WOB>

No I didn't get one.  And I also know I will probably take some flak for
this, but I thought I would share a driving experience with the group.

On 01-14-99 at about 0050 hours, I left my home in Hollister with a work
partner and my best friend, who is also PD, for a drive to Los Angeles.  We
were heading down to see a buddy (and a former trainee of mine) graduate
from the LAPD academy.  BTW these details a relevant in that our class A pd
uniforms were hanging in the window,  and guns and badges were kept
conspicuously within the car.  But I digress...

Long story short, according to the OBC my average speed for the trip was 96
MPH.  This was start to finish, over the Pacheco pass and south on I-5.  I
feel prety good about this as an average speed, considering the pass is
rather a slow-go.  Anyhow, on the open road, down I-5 in my Jim C armed
525iA, I was able to really open her up in a few spots, when miles of no
traffic permitted.  I and my two buddies, saw on two occasions, the speedo
climb past 150 MPH @ about 6k rpm.  The car was solid.  The Bridgestone Z
rated tires were solid.  And I was impressed.  Road and track must know
dick about actual top speed.  Unless, of course my speedo is WAAAAY off.
Which isn't likely.

Anyhow, the drive was otherwide uneventful.  The only Chippies we saw (six
of 'em) were the ones sitting in the Denny's in Castaic, which we arrived
at less than four hours after the start of our trip.

We arrived at our destination near the northern end of LA at about 0525
which included the stop for "breakfast" (ugh).

Anyhow, I thought I would share the experience.  It was exhilerating to say
the least.

John F

PS those of you poised to flame me for speeding on the open road...please
don't.  I know I know I know....

TIA