Re: we dont do autocrosses, we do road races.

> Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 03:59:32 -0500
> From: mark kibort <mkibort@domain.elided>
> Subject: we dont do autocrosses, we do road races.
>
> go to  Laguna , Sears , Thunderhill, Buttonwillow, Willowsprings , and Il=
> l be there .  Its what i do, its how I =
> have fun.   Maybe you should try it rather that beating your car in a
> parking lot ,flicking cones. =
> (nothing against autocross, but you get hours more seat time in a driving=
> event or vintage race)
> Mark Kibort

Been there (not on the left coast), done both.  Here on the East Coast, we do both
- - I hate limiting myself to one venue.  Besides, I still like autocrosses - seat
time is fine but the real trick is Car Control. Reminds me of my favorite phrase -
Power without control IS power without control.  Of course, road racing's a blast
too - especially when I can "accidentally" punt those pesky competitors - much more
fun than hitting those little orange cones.

- --
Matthew Yip
mgyip@domain.elided