re: WANNA BE RACER

mark kibort spewed, in another barely legible post, about the fact
that club racing is so wonderful. while i think every idiot has a
right to his opinion, i must correct him on a few points of fact.

(kiborts verbiage has been edited for legibility)

kibort said, regarding matt yip:
>> READ BELOW FOR MY RESPONSE TO THIS WANNA BE RACER

mr kibort, please be advised that matt yip is no 'wanna-be' when it
comes to racing. he is well known in the mid-atlantic SCCA road racing
community, driving his car in the ITA class. he also helps his fellow
competitors in any way he can, lending his brand new truck to another
racer for the weekend, for example. just this past month he managed
the crew for three teams competing in the moroso 24 hour race. he is
an accomplished autocrosser as well, and sits on the boards of several
local car clubs. i am proud to say he's a friend as well.

> How great is it to run 10 laps, get a sweat going, see a
> couple of spins  or close calls come back to the pits and
> exchange laughs with your new found friends.

i won't deny you that racing is a great way to make real friends. i
think the point was that that 'couple of spins' you mention would have
landed the drivers in a 13-month suspension period, required by the
BMWCCA club racing's 13/13 rule. it is also well known among club
racers that the 13/13 rule is not applied equally to all individuals.

> I blew a radiator hose at a PCB Porsche BMW race 15 min.
> before my race. some guy that I didnt even know, comes
> over right next to another stranger with a new bottle of
> watter wetter,and fresh water. I hate to say it, but I
> dont think anyone besides just a select (well adjusted
> few) would be that charitable.

i disagree. i have met very few (if any) folks in racing who wouldn't
give you the shirt off their backs to help you get back onto the
track.

> some of the cars and Drivers are very evenly matched, no
> one has a great financial advantage as almost any car can
> last for 10 laps

i disagree. i think there is no difference between scca and bmwcca
racing on this front. cheating is rampant in both series, as is the
rule 'cubic dollars beats cubic inches'. what's your point?

> Are you a racer. or an armchair racer.

he is a racer.

m.
'95 M3   Avus Blau (fs: $26,500)