Strokers

Of course I probably should have added the Ole "Don't try this at home"
disclaimer, but the actual largest kit available for the ford 351 is a
439". they also have a 409". Super Ford magazine did a series of write
ups on the 426 kit when it first came out.(including a tear down
inspection at aprox. 10,000 miles) and everything looked perfect. That
motor was also subjected to over 100 dyno runs. I only drive the truck
maybe 5000 miles a year(if that) so I'am not too worried about premature
wear. the pistons, rods and Crank all all custom designed for the kit so
I think I've covered all my bases (as well as anyone could)

As far as milage, I went from about 12 to about 10 so not too shabby. I
run 35" BFG Mud TA's and Detroit Locker with 4.10's in the rear and can
spin them for about 25 feet (Broke the ring and Pinion about 3 months
after the conversion) so NO MORE burnouts! 0-60 is in the high 5/low 6
second range and so far I'am pretty happy. It probably wasn't really
worth the cost though, I got carried away and ended up dropping about
10k into the conversion (I had too much money last year...this years
back to normal...bummer) BUT I love the truck, I've had it for 10 years,
just painted it and I'am sure I'll keep it 10 more.

Thanks for asking,

Chris Barton
1995 540i/6
1989 Bronco, 426 Stroker, T.F.S.Heads, Edlebrock, F.M.S., (the list goes
on and on and on......)
1996 Yamaha RoyalStar, 2500 miles (For Sale)
2 Dogs & a Cat (what's that smell?)