X-Brace question...

I have a 1994 325iC, built 8/93.  I thought it had an X-brace, but it
does
not.  Instead, it has a solid steel plate that is directly under the
transmission, like a "skid plate" bolted to the frame.  Next to this
plate,
it has a bottom brace bar, about 3" in diameter, that connects to the
frame
behind each front tire.  Do all E36 cars have these?

I am wondering if an X-brace would provide greater stability?  I added
an
upper strut tower brace which gave me a lot of rigidity and tightness.
However, I cannot help but wonder if I should get the X-brace or not.
Your
input is welcome.

Thanks,

I have the x-brace on my '92 325i. I installed it with Racing Dynamic
sway bars and 17" wheels at the same time. The car feels much more solid
and there is hardly any feel of chassis flex or body roll during hard
cornering. Obviously the 17" wheel/tires combo and sway bars
contribution is no small matter. However, you can feel the solid feel of
the car much more even without hard cornering. I think the x-brace is
good upgrade. Besides, stiffening the chassis, the x-brace do protect
the oil pan from speed bumps and the likes.
Henry
'92 325i, sharked, x-brace, strut bar, sway bars and all.
bmwcca tarheel chapter