X-Brace question...

I have a 1994 325iC, built 8/93.  I thought it had an X-brace, but it does
not.  Instead, it has a solid steel plate that is directly under the
transmission, like a "skid plate" bolted to the frame.  Next to this plate,
it has a bottom brace bar, about 3" in diameter, that connects to the frame
behind each front tire.  Do all E36 cars have these?

I am wondering if an X-brace would provide greater stability?  I added an
upper strut tower brace which gave me a lot of rigidity and tightness.
However, I cannot help but wonder if I should get the X-brace or not.  Your
input is welcome.

Thanks,

RobertG