95 M3 Tire Recommendations Wanted

     I have a 95 M3 with bald rear MXX3s at 24,000 miles.  I use the car as
     a daily driver only, though it stays out of the rain and snow.  As
     such, I could live with all season or dry weather tires.  I like the
     MXX3 though they are extremely expensive and short lived.  Can anyone
     recommend a tire that gives comparable performance with at least the
     same life expectancy for less $$.

     Also, I plan to go to 245s as I have 8.5 inch rear rims.  Is there any
     reason a 95 can't make take the additional width.

     TIA
     George Parker
     95 M3
     91 Audi 90 Quatro w/ 190,000 miles and going strong