Re: ABS Light On

>Perhaps not the wheel balancer's fault - just coincidence as its >kinda
hard
>to hit those just removing the wheels.  The ABS sensors are imbedded
>in the
>back of the hubs and typically get a magnetic build-up of loose
>particles
>on them over time. Maybe buzzin' the wheels on and off caused some
>additional debris to float into the sensor.  Most of the time you can
>easily remover the sensor, clean it off and pop it back in then all >is
fine.

>Duane Collie

This is the second time I am reading this advice. IT WILL NOT WORK. ABS
Sensors do not work that way. If you do simple math calculation, In
order of magnetic practicles to affect the sensor, the amount of
magnetic parcticles must be above .5 pounds!!!  (At least for BMW
Sensors) When I had the problem with ABS Sensor, I red a whole bunch of
material on that subject. No one is even suggesting doing that. If this
suggestion helped someone, that is only because when they removed the
sensor for "cleaning", they restored a loose connection in a wire that
goes from the sensor to the box.
Think about it. ABS sensor is a fairly powerful magnet and a coil, how
many parcticles does it take, to absorb 50-60% of the magnetic force
from that magnet?? Easy to calculate, if you know magnetic force
constant for a particular magnet and a mass of the magnet.

Mik