BWM NA Exec. Cars

Hi Michael, I had a 1988 535i that had been a BMW NA exec. car.  The
dealer bought a bunch at auction.  When I bought it (with 12K miles), it
was sold as a used car.  It had previously been titled to BMW NA in New
Jersey.  However, it still came with the balance of the factory warranty.
Just to be safe (who knows how they were broken in?), I also bought
an extended warranty.  The only time I needed the extended warranty, it
covered both parts of the steering system to which the bad part was
attached, but not the part that failed.  Oh well.

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977

>Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 09:04:20 -0600
>From: Michael_Bird@domain.elided
>Subject: Re: Lemon Executive cars?
>
>Several people have posted comments about BMW Executive cars and
>lemons, including me, but something popped into my little brain this
>morning.   If a BMW employee is driving their car for a few months, then
>it is sold through a dealer, has it ever been titled?    My guess is no, but
>if it has been titled, then it would be to BMW NA, right?  So, do a title
>search!  Use the VIN and go to carfax or some such and search.  If it
>was titled to Doughnut-Duane, then you may want to pass.
<snip>