Re: Garage Floors

Scott.....check with your local flooring distributor....I've seen sheet
vinyl in commercial grade but not 12" tiles.  The vinyl tiles (12") are
very popular as they're easy to install and you can easily replace
individual pieces that get damaged.  You can order tiles with a slight
texture to prevent slipping.

The best solution (in my opinion) is a 125 mil quartz-epoxy floor (about
$5-6 sq ft).  These will fill in cracks, are slip resistant and will not
absorb any chemicals or liquids.  Others on the digest have indicated that
Griot epoxy paint is the "best" thing available.  Check some of your local
firehouses that park 66,000 lb trucks on their surfaces.......see which
coating they prefer.  SD
At 12:14 PM 1/16/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Hey Steve,
>
>Since you're talking about garage floors and you mentioned vinyl
>tile/sheets, I wanted to ask some questions.
>
>I've got a basic concrete floor that I would like to make a lot prettier
>and easier to clean. I'd like to do vinyl tiles as that would be easier to
>do correctly than the epoxy paint. Are commercial vinyl tiles available
>that won't be slippery when wet?
>
>Where should I look for commercial vinyl squares and can you give me a
>rough idea of what they should cost. The cost may make the whole project
>moot since I have 1200 square feet of garage floor, but I'd at least like
>to look into it.
>
>Thanks, Scott

Steve D'Gerolamo - The Ultimate Garage
201-262-0412 / steved3@domain.elided / http://www.ultimategarage.com