re: M535i timing

>I am thinking of an unleaded conversion for my '86 M535i as leaded fuel is
>on it's way out in the UK. I have been told that it would also be necessary
>to advance the timing to cope with the change in octane rating.

>Can anyone advise me on how to advance the timing.

Your car has Motronic 1.x. There is a fuel quality switch on
the inside of the Motronic control unit (next to the
steering column) with 8 possible settings. I think this is
what you want.

Check out http://www.bonnevillemotorwerks.com/ for Jim C's page.

- --
Email: john@domain.elided, John G.Burns B.Eng, Aberdeen, Bonny Scotland