Re: E28 Head Unit Removal - Screws

>From: "Chao, Harvey" <harvey.chao@domain.elided>
>Question #2 :  Removing the stock head unit from dash: there appears to be
>two allen head bolts holding it in, somewhere between 2 and 2 1/2 mm.
>None of my various metric and standard allen wrenches will fit.
>Suggestions?   Special tool? -

I was able to get mine in and out using an incorrectly sized allen key, not
the crazy five-sided thing that I guess is a theft prevention measure (like
so-called tamper-proof screws).  A bit of pressure and holding at less than
90 degrees to the face of the bolt and mine came out quite easily, it was
probably a 2mm allen key.