key light replacement

David (and anyone else interested),

Go to www.driversedge.com, and/or contact Jeff Krause. He figured out a
way of swapping the ridiculously ineffective "grain-of-wheat" light bulb
with an LED. It is red, rather than white, but it's a bright as fu...I
mean really bright, and it lasts a lot longer (three years with the
original battery so far, for me).
The swap takes about ten minutes, and requires minimal effort, and
everything is readily available at Radio Shack or other electronics
supplier.
I have a copy of his instructions for this in an issue of Hoosier Tracks
(with parts list), and I can forward them to you if you like, or you can
get them from the source (I think it's on his web site somewhere).
- --
Do Svedanya!
Neil Hitze
'91 318is
'85 318i
Valleyview State Home
      for the
 Incurably Artistic

"..the underdog will eventually survive...." --Colin James Hay