RE: <all> original key

> Replacement bulbs and batteries are available from your stealer.  It's
> really appropriate nomenclature this time because:
>   1) You can't find the damned things anywhere else
>      (I've tried, lord knows, I've tried!)
>   2) They want ~$8 for the battery and ~$7 for the
>       bulb; how's that for cheap parts!  :-^
>
>      KC Boyce
>      '85 325e

A cheaper solution -

A number of places sell key chains that have some kind of a light attached
to the chain.  They are typically sold at the checkout counters (I've seen
them in K-Mart and the Home Depot - Oh GWAD the SHAME - I'm uncovered for
the places at which I shop!!!).  These lights have been in the shape of a
Coleman lantern, a miniature hand held spotlight, etc.  and come with a
spare cell.  The guts contain a button cell and matched bulb.  Being
"thrifty" (sounds better class than "cheap") - I took the bulb and battery
from one and fitted them into my lighted key.  As I recall, the bulb was not
an exact fit, but a few minutes work with a set of Swiss needle/jeweler's
files fixed that.

Harvey