Re: <E30> Ready for exhaust.. recomendations please

Jeff, I'm not sure what the performance gains are (if any) on any of the
mufflers you mention. If you don't want a cheap, loud, muffler have you
considered the original BMW part? It might not be the sexiest or best in
terms of performance but I am sure it will get the job done. Performance on
the cheap is often very difficult. Bavarian Autosport has the muffler for
about $130. I now that in Canada I can get my muffler done for about
$400CDN at the dealer. If you bought the muffler through an independent and
had them install I am sure it would fall into your price range.

The K&N filter job you describe sounds overly complicated and does not seem
to fit with your non-racer idea. I would recommend just using the drop in
replacement.

Dave '87 325