FINAL words to Mr. Kibort

>From: mark kibort <mkibort@domain.elided>

>You agree with Keith, the name caller.

I agree with Keith that we don't respect your work or advice and we wish
you would just go away.  I wouldn't call you names on a public forum and
neither would Keith.  You posted a PRIVATE e-mail that was not intended
to be public.  You were told how lowly regarded that type of action was
the first time you did it but you go and do it AGAIN.  Then you say you
want people to say things to your face but when they do and you don't
like it, you post it to the public anyway.
And you still want us to respect your work?  Pu-leassse!  Respect is
earned and in case you don't realize (and it appears you don't), the way
you communicate reflects directly on people's perception of you and your
credibility.  I don't understand your calculations and would never claim
to because I have no background in engineering of any kind.  However, I
run hospitals for a living and I can tell you for sure, if you presented
yourself for a job at my hospital with the same lack of attention to
detail in your communication, you would never get in the door.  Why?
Because sloppiness in this business results in somebody dying.

Now, having said that, I hope you can see my point.  You may actually
have a good idea and it might work, I don't have a clue.  However, I do
know that with how you've presented yourself I seriously doubt that many
Bimmer owners on this list are going to trust their intake systems to
your product without some outside INDEPENDENT authoritative testing.
It's just most people's experience that sloppiness in one area generally
means sloppiness in other areas as well.  Make Jim C. a believer
however, and people might listen!

>Fine,  what have you done to help your fellow listees to gain 9 hp on
>their cars.

Absolutely nothing because I'm not a horsepower guy.  I'd probably do
more harm than good.  What I have done on the other hand, is offer help
in areas where I can without alterior motives of commercial gain.  This
includes very detailed advice on Fikse wheel fitments, ES Exhaust
systems, BL/SS short shifter installation, and the origination and
organization of the first "road" ShifterFest (at significant personal
cost I might add) where over 15 Florida (and 1 Georgia) Bimwads got
BL/SS short shifters, x-braces, and Redline fluids installed by Ben Liaw
himself for only the cost of the parts.  And they had Hooters girls to
serve 'em lunch to boot.  I sure haven't seen you do anything for
anybody without plans of it padding your own pocket first.

>By the way, how does this look on the list.  I created this email on
>WORD.   is there any difference?

Not really.  I don't think it's your software.  It's your spelling,
grammer, lack of spacing, etc.  Probably nothing that a quick review and
spell check before clicking the "send" button wouldn't fix.

There, I've said my peace.  Take it FWIW.  I'm sure you'll spew a bunch
more e-mail's about this but I will comment no more in public on this
subject.  Sorry for the WOB fellow listers.

Calvin Hare
Orlando, Florida
'96 M3