DMV sucked my..... >>>>> L200247

Yeap! That's right!

To recall... a couple of years ago... Dec 31, 97 to be exact I had
gotten a ticket because my car was not fully registered. I had paid for
the registration, however they told me that in order to get my
registration stickers, my car would have to be smogged. But.... on Jan
1, 98 the new SB 42 smog law was passed where all cars under 73 did not
need to be smogged when registered.
(http://www.smogcheck.ca.gov/000197.htm)

So a couple of weeks had gone by.... then months.... then the whole
year... and I had been driving around with no registration tags and
aquired a lovely little collection of fix-it tickets...

Finally I was fed up and took a bit of action.. I went to the traffic
court and petitioned my argument with them. I briefly summarized that I
knew my car had to be smogged in order for the registration to be
complete, but the reason why the police attacked me on Dec 31, 97
without tags was because I had to take a drunk friend back to his place
and he didn't have a ride and conveniently the 02 was there to take him
back, Lots of cops on Dec 31st who would be pil. The court probably
thought this was a waste of their time (there was a long silence) and
just asked me to pay for the dues on the car to get my stickers. They
reimbursed me $108.00 (which amounted to the tickets I got) but then
... the smarty pants judge must of done his math because the dues for
my stickers for that year that I did not pay cost me 107.00. So in the
end. He gave me a dollar for my troubles and my registration
stickers... it was a mutual suck I guess...

Now... if I can just get used to buckling up!

Toodles!

Lisa
02 princess
72 2002