Goodwill Festival of Speed

Anyone catch this on Speedvision?

S. Moss, Danny Sullivan, many notables running some very expensive cars
WIDE open.  I use to think vintage racing was a bit too much like a D group
at a BMW
driver's school, but this event really changed my opinion.

These guys were swapping paint in millon dollar collector cars.   Just
beautiful watching
Moss; still a great driver after all these years.  Watching the younger
drivers fighting
the wheel in massive power slides, brakes locking up under braking with the
entire rear end
floating, 3 abreast in a turn..WOW.

Moss made a reply that was classic IMO concerning the safety gear in many
of today's
racers and armco etc that surround many of our tracks today.
He felt safety officials today were neutering racing.  He went on to say
that in his opinion
there needed to be risk involved in racing especially at the venue.  Out of
the risk, came RESPECT.
He chose a Formula 1 example which seemed to fit.  I believe he was
referring to Schumacher's
lack of respect for other drivers and track conditions (You can visialize
at least one incident I'm speaking of).

Moss is no wuss.  He ran that car with respect for others, and still manged
to pass a few F1 notables
that were driving the owner's cars.  I wonder if he might just kick
Schumacher in the nuts
just for the fun of it on national TV.

Schumacher has incredible talent, however, IMO..just not much in the way of
respect for his peers or the sport.

Grant
gwells@domain.elided
'87 E30 "LTW"