Re: E46 sport seats

Evan asked about the 10 way vs. 12 way adjustability of the seats.

I have always been a little confused by the marketing department's
description of seats.   My seats are adjustable for height, distance, rake
and headrest.   That's 4.   The lumbar was an option.   Call it 5.   But
apparently BMW (and everyone else) considers it to be: forward, backwards,
up, down, recline back, recline forward, tilt seat forward, tilt seat
backwards (these tilts are unmatched height adjustments) and (I guess)
headrest up and down.  10.   So twelve would be the upper half of the
backrest (ala E34/E39 "comfort seats"?).  Or lumbar?   Heck, if you count
lumbar, which can go in and out and up and down (you Beavis fans, calm
down!) then that's 16.   The "M" cars and "is" cars had adjustable thigh
extensions, so that's 18?   Then, if they're heated, that's another 2
(on/off), or, if you prefer, 3 (on/low, on/high, off).  So 21 adjustments.

I forgot my point.

End of bmw-digest V9 #834