Window seals

Someone wrote:

Subject: '86 535-Window seal replacement

Dear autophiles:
Does anyone out there have any experience with replacing the rubber
seals that go between the side window glass and the bottom of the window
on the doors?  Ya know, the squeegy like narrow pieces that run the
complete width of the windows.  I have a couple of bad ones, have the
replacements, but would like someone to give me some clues on how one
goes about changing them.  TIA

Jerry Dormaier
'86 BMW 535

I have kind of the same question but on a 1994 540i.  The guy doing my
window tint tore three of the four window seals.  The company owner told me
to get the seals at a dealer and that he would redo the tint and then
install the new seals as part of his quality warranty.  Is this an easy job?
I worry that he will make matters worse by taking the panels off the doors
but he said that they do this all the time.  Can I trust him or do I take a
major loss on his work (he's the highest priced in my area.  I was thinking
the more you pay the better job.  WRONG!).  As a matter of fact I had two
other older BMW's done somewhere else at nearly half the price and those
jobs were much better (near perfect).

Thanks for any advise.

Tomas S. Perez
tsperez@domain.elided